This put up and shots may well consist of Amazon or other affiliate links. If you order anything as a result of any url, I may well receive a small fee at no additional demand to you. Any provides applied may possibly be offered to me no cost of demand, however, all initiatives and viewpoints are my individual.
All set to discover how to make a rag rug? A few yrs ago Household Exciting magazine had a tutorial on how to make a hula hoop rug and my daughter desired to test it. We went by our outdated t-shirts and found some to use. Of system, you can get t-shirts from your nearby thrift retail store as well. Pretty much, any old t-shirts will do the trick. Then just upcycle people aged shirts into anything enjoyable for your dwelling. Want even more? You might also like our teenager place household decor strategies!
This one particular was initially printed on April 17, 2011, even so, I am republishing with more details.
Supplies essential to make a t-shirt rag rug:
- outdated t-shirts
- hula hoop
How to make a rag rug:
- Cut off the hemmed bottom of all shirts and discard.
- Minimize a person shirt into a single-inch horizontal strips so that they are loops. You will will need 14 strips.
- Stretch these loops in pairs about the hula hoop in a pinwheel sample. You must have 7 pairs of loops equal distance aside.
- Start off chopping shirts into one particular-inch strips. This time you will want to slice the loops so you have extended strips of material.
- Then weave these strips in and out of the loops that are on the hoop already. Go more than and under as you weave. Just tuck in the finishes and continue with a new piece as wanted. Take care of the pairs of loops as just one.
- As soon as you have about an 8-inch diameter rug, you will want to individual the loops that are on the hula hoop and begin going around and under them individually.
- As soon as your rug is 6 inches or so from the end, you can actually different the loop alone and take care of each and every piece as an unique as you weave in excess of and beneath.
- When you are pleased with the size, just minimize the loops from your hoop and tie them in a double knot. You can leave these finishes as fringe or tuck them in.
We made use of a blend of pastel shades for our rug but you can use whatsoever colors you like for your version.
This t-shirt rag rug turned out wonderful! And was super simple to make as properly. If you really like upcycling with your youngsters, this is surely a craft that you want to consider.
It is time-consuming…so place in a motion picture just before you start off! But what a fantastic job to make out of a pile of aged t-shirts.
Want to see how I utilised this exact procedure to make a thing wholly diverse? See my Do-it-yourself demijohn basket here! Now that you know how to make a rag rug, you can make all sorts of points!
Love this rag rug tutorial and want far more tips? Try the inbound links beneath!
Want to print this tutorial for making a hula hoop rug? You can use the card beneath!
How to Make a Rag Rug
You can make a t-shirt fabric run in an afternoon with a hula hoop and a few provides!
What You Will Want
- outdated t-shirts
- hula hoop
Slash off the hemmed base of all shirts and discard.
Slice a single shirt into a person-inch horizontal strips so that they are loops. You will require 14 strips.
Stretch these loops in pairs close to the hula hoop in a pinwheel pattern. You should have 7 pairs of loops equivalent distance apart.
Start reducing shirts into just one-inch strips. This time you will want to slice the loops so you have extended strips of fabric.
Then weave these strips in and out of the loops that are on the hoop currently. Go over and below as you weave. Just tuck in the finishes and continue on with a new piece as wanted. Deal with the pairs of loops as a person.
As soon as you have about an 8-inch diameter rug, you will want to individual the loops that are on the hula hoop and begin heading about and under them separately.
The moment your rug is 6 inches or so from the close, you can in fact different the loop itself and take care of just about every piece as an person as you weave over and beneath.
When you are happy with the dimensions, just slash the loops from your hoop and tie them in a double knot. You can leave these finishes as fringe or tuck them in.
Get Our Weekly Publication